Sal Moves Down South

Sal recently graduated from ASU with her Bachelor's Degree and has taken her first opportunity to dive into her career, and that opportunity came in Mississippi...

"Oh Mississippi. Mississippi is GREAT. They have catfish on every corner and everything is fried. I will probably be at least 300 hundred pounds when I leave. You know it has gone too far when they start frying vegetables and putting sugar on fries and eggplant (both of which were previously fried).

It is so pretty here and everyone, EVERYONE is
nice. I was invited to church in line at walmart. Everything is green. You think you have seen green before but not like this....acres and acres of deep green. Plus water everywhere. Like little pretty swampish places (if you can picture a pretty swamp). The roadkill is much different than AZ (armadillos and turtles) and there are SO MANY friggin mosquitoes. Its seriously like battle every morning.

Every town is like 30 minutes from each other and they are all tiny. There is the most blatant examples of the very rich and the very poor, sometimes on the same street.

The reason I am here, the huge gap in education, is so obvious. It makes me sad to think that some 10th graders have not heard what an atom is. But this makes all my long night more worth it. I love my students even when they are terds because I know how hard it is for them to be at summer school learning a subject that is hard for them but they just keep coming.

I really miss my family, especially Zack and Chaser but you know whatev missionaries have it worse right.

Its hard, its awesome, its frustrating but its rewarding. (ps, it really is like coming home because everyone is so nice. I think it is called the hospitality state, not sure though)."

See her pictured here in the White Mountain Independent.

Every time I have talked to Sal she seems really excited about what she is doing. This video might give you an idea of where that excitement is coming from:

1 comment:

  1. I've told several people about this movie and have heard a few who have been waiting to see it. Good job Sal! We're proud of ya!!

    ReplyDelete